Woollybottoms Love Spell Lanolin Balm, 2oz
- Woollybottoms Lanolin is now available in our popular Love Spell scent that we lanolize all of our woolens with before shipping. We recommend solid lanolin as it contains all of the natural waterproofing fats which works the best for your wool.
- How to use: for a single wool cover, take a pea sized amount of lanolin and place in a baby food jar. We like to melt ours in the microwave for a few seconds until the lanolin turns into a liquid. Add a drop of baby shampoo and hot water to the jar and shake vigorously. This ensures the lanolin is dispersed and will not settle and cause spots on your wool. Add the mixture to your warm wash water and wool wash and swish to ensure it is evenly distributed in the water. Add your wool last and work the wool gently in the lanolin rich water for an even lanolizing treatment. You may als take a pea sized amount in your fingers and work in your hands. Then take your hands and work the lanolin directly into your wool. We recommend with this method turning your wool inside out and gently touching the wool and then working it into the fibers.
- Another great way to lanolize is to rub a pea sized amount in your hands vigorously and gently work into the inside of your cover especially in the wet zone area. Take care to gently pat the wool and THEN work into the fibers with the hands. A heavy hand to start with can sometimes cause lanolin spotting which is harmless but not pleasing to the eye (interlock wool is more likely to get spotting with this direct lanolizing method so extra care should be taken) . Make sure your wool is clean and dry when using this method.
- Our lanolin is not intended for use as a breastfeeding/topical cream due to the addition of fragrance oil.
- Ingredients: Pure Lanolin, Fragrance Oil