Earth Mama Organics Booby Tubes
Ah, breastfeeding. Something so perfectly natural can be a pain in the breast! Once you get it down it'll all be worth it, and in the meantime Mama made Booby Tubes™ to help ease the discomforts of your mamariffic mammaries.
Booby Tubes™ are a natural, safe, gel-free breast pack made with a 100% organic cotton shell and filled with all-natural flax seed. Use warm or cold, depending on your nursing needs.
Store Booby Tubes™ in the freezer and wear them inside your bra between feedings to help reduce the swelling and tenderness of engorgement and comfort breasts during weaning.
When heated, Booby Tubes™ safely deliver warm, moist heat to tender breasts to encourage milk flow, maintain open milk ducts to prevent clogged ducts, promote let-down and comfort the symptoms of infection or mastitis. Mama's unique gel-free construction was designed with extra care to help reduce the risk of burns.
And you'll be as pleased as Mama is to know they are made in the USA in a fair trade factory.
Mama Says: here are other suggestions help avoid breast engorgement
- Express or pump your breasts if you miss a feeding or if your baby doesn't nurse long enough to soften both breasts.
- Avoid supplementing your breast milk with water or formula.
- Breastfeed your Angel Baby frequently and for an unrestricted amount of time.
- Massage your milk ducts in a circular motion around each breast before nursing.
- Spend some time on your back. This will place your breasts higher than your heart and encourage drainage of swollen breasts.
(Engorgement can sometimes be confused with mastitis. If symptoms of mastitis are present such as malaise, fever, hardness or redness, continue nursing and consult your health care provider immediately.)
I ended up with mastitis for the first time in 3 years of nursing and remembered I had a pair of Booby Tubes™. What a comfy alternative to big heat pads/packs! They worked wonders... I felt better in no time! - Sara Goff La Leche League Leader, Fort Campbell, KY