Expand the jackets you love. Share them with your belly and baby.
- Patented slide-on universal zip-adapter.
- Adjustable PFAS-free softshell extender.
- Removable fleece layer.
- For maternity and babywearing.
- Wind, rain, and snow resistant.
- Lovingly made in Canada from premium materials.
- Certain Metaluxe adapters now available. See tab below for details.
The Universal Jacket Extender is a softshell extender that expands the front of your own jacket during pregnancy. While baby-carrying with a soft-structured front-carrier, wrap or sling, the extender expands your jacket around you and your baby, for close comfort and warmth while outdoors.
The unique design slides over and secures onto most brands and sizes of zippers allowing you to switch between jackets with ease. For different-length jackets, simply reposition the extender for ideal coverage or fold the top down on shorter jackets. The Universal Adapter can also be used without the extender during early pregnancy and post-partum where just a few extra inches are needed.
- Designed to slide onto most zips, brands and types of jackets (rain, down, parka, long and short jackets).
- How to attach to your jacket.
- How to adjust the width.
- How it works on short and long jackets.
- How to use the Optional Fasteners (D-rings).
- Long pull-tabs and high quality zips make zipping easier.
- Plastic snaps and elastic strip to control the width for a better fit. Snaps also help with shortening the top on short jackets and while baby-carrying.
- Snap-on fleece panel for an extra layer of warmth (included). Simply remove for milder days.
- Universal Adapter includes stop-system to make sure it stays in place on your zip and prevent any sliding.
- Black, 27" (70cm) long, one-size fits most. 12" (30cm) wide at it's widest and tapering down to 7" (17cm) at the base.
- Adjustable down to 24" (60cm) for shorter jackets and can be repositioned higher up on longer jackets.
- Made from high quality softshell, polar fleece, zips and proprietary clips.
- Softshell is 3-layer with a micro-fleece lining (98% polyester, 2% Spandex), waterproof and breathable membrane and outer shell with a PFAS-free durable water-repellency coating (DWR).
- Wash Instructions: Machine wash cold with mild detergent. Hang to dry. Do not dry clean.
- Lovingly made in Montreal, Canada.
Your baby’s safety is your responsibility. Always monitor your baby or child to ensure adequate ventilation and warmth. The Universal Jacket Extender is NOT a baby-carrier. Always follow the safety instructions of your baby-carrier.
*Metaluxe is the only zip style that does not work directly with the Universal Adapter. See further down on how to identify a Metaluxe zip.
ATTACHING THE UNIVERSAL ADAPTER WILL DAMAGE A METALUXE ZIP.
Exceptionally, for Metaluxe zips made by the brand "YKK", we are able to provide additional adapters that would work with our universal extender.
If you think your zip is Metaluxe or are unsure, please email us with the following information:
- A clear photo of your zip, including the slider or sliders (if there are more than one).
- Length of zip
- Letters / numbers on the back of the slider(s)
With the above information, we will be able to advise you if an adapter is available and how to include it with your order for a Universal Jacket Extender.
Identifying Metaluxe Zippers - It's the SHAPE
Zip up your jacket. Look at the shape on the outside of your jacket. Compare it to the unique tooth shape in the photos below. This shape is what Metaluxe looks like and how we identify it. Contact us if you're not sure.
The color can be silver, gold or another darker color. The material is plastic however is designed to look like metal.
Some brands that may use Metaluxe zippers include:
- O’Neil (certain models only)
- Columbia (certain models only)
I love this jacket extender! You can use first just the zipper adaptor until you grow bigger and need the whole extender. It makes it so much easier to get outside and be active even when the temperature drops! I'm really looking forward to using it after baby is here with my wrap or baby carrier.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.