SleepBelt is a premium quality product designed for the 4th trimester and beyond.
- Quick & easy to get on
- Has unique 4-way stretch, which naturally mimics the womb
- Allows baby to be in their most comfortable position: legs straight, tucked, or froggy style
- Comfortable for the wearer: no knots, clips or buckles to dig in, no strain on the neck back or shoulders
- Unisex & adjustable
- Versatile: skin-to-skin (0-3 months), forward facing on lap (when baby has full neck/head control and can sit with your support), gentle chair restraint (when baby can sit unassisted - do not leave baby unattended.)
Patent Pending. Made in Canada.
Your SleepBelt has uses and benefits from the day your baby is born, to well beyond. We've listed some of our favourites here:
- Hands free skin-to-skin (yes, this one is obvious... but it's the most important!).
- Preventing infant falls
- Nap wrap for baby; they can sleep securely while their head and hands can remain free and mobile (thumb sucker, anyone?)
- Easy transfer from chest to crib
- Offers comfort to babies suffering from colic/reflux
- Snug & secure, just like the womb - helps soothe baby easily (a lifesaver in the early days)
- Cuddles baby to you, allowing mom & dad to eat a meal together (no "taking turns"!). Note: Nothing hot over baby!!!
- Hands free breastfeeding (support the head until baby has neck control)
- Secure your breast pump to your chest with SleepBelt... more hands free help!
- Additional support when bottle feeding - allows you to feed with one hand
- Fasten a heating pad/hot water bottle to your abdomen when dealing with labour after pains & cramping
- Keep a heating pad on your back to alleviate back pain (carrying babies all day is hard work!)
- Easy air travel - keeps baby in the proper position for take off & landing
- Snuggle baby while cuddling your older children... great for story time, colouring & games!
- Twin snuggles! if you can get two babies on your chest, SleepBelt will hold them
- As baby gets older, use your SleepBelt to secure him/her forward-facing on your lap - Baby MUST have full neck/head control
- When baby can sit up on her own, you can use it to keep her secure - any chair becomes an ad hoc high chair (do not leave baby unattended)
- Added support for baby in a grocery cart... when they can't quite sit unsupported, wrap your sleep belt around baby's torso and the seat back to help!
- Prevent dangling legs by wrapping a SleepBelt around baby's lower half when in a carrier that doesn't support his/her hips - it will help keep baby in a healthy position
- Provides additional support with a traditional wrap
Not sure which size to get? If you are pregnant and unsure of your post-baby size, we recommend measuring above your belly/around your rib cage; order based on that measurement.
NOTE: SleepBelt is not a weight-bearing product, so there is no weight limit, per se - your baby will outgrow SleepBelt developmentally before they outgrow it physically. Around the 4-month mark, they will begin to notice their surroundings and may not sleep on your chest as often; at this point, you may begin use your SleepBelt for different applications. Visit our "Uses and Benefits" page for ideas and inspiration.
*these are discontinued now and are final sale. The current model is the Joeyband
Fits both my husband and I really well. Can't wait to use it with out babe!
This was recommended to me by the lady who led my prenatal class and I’m so glad we picked it up. The medium works well for both myself and my husband.
In the first couple weeks we used it mostly for skin to skin, and now that LO in older we use it for snuggling.
It’s not a carrier but if you support your baby you can bounce/sway for longer before your arms get too tired.
Great tool! Especially for those nights that LO wont sleep anywhere elder but on your chest!